Monday, August 30, 2010

Mail and Holidays

Hello from the Essequibo Coast! Today I met with the Head Teacher at my school and got some information. If you want to send me mail, please address it like this:

William Alex Berry
c/o Anna Regina Multilateral School
Essequibo Coast, Region 2
Guyana SOUTH AMERICA

Please be sure to include the SOUTH AMERICA because apparently the post office sometimes gets Guyana mixed up with Ghana, and it understandably takes a long time to get a package back from Africa.

Here are the national holidays in Guyana. I anticipate having 2 weeks off around Christmas (though my family will be visiting during the first week, and 2 weeks around Easter. I'm not sure of those exact dates, but if you want to come visit me while I'm teaching in Anna Regina, here are some holidays where I'll have a long weekend, etc.

November Divali
December 25 Christmas Day
December 26 Boxing Day
January 1 New Year
Early January Youman Nabi
February 23 Republic Day
March or April Good Friday and Easter Sunday
May 1 Labor Day
July 1 Caricom Day
First Monday in August Emancipation Day

If you want to come visit, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment