Sunday, October 31, 2010

Things My Kids Say

I think I'm quite a curiosity to most of the students in my classes and around the school.  Naturally, I get asked a lot of questions.  Here are a few off the top of my head.  Some of these are paraphrased since it's been a while since the event in question occurred.

"Sir, there are going to be lots of nice teachers at school sports, you should chat them up."

"Sir, there are going to be lots of nice teachers at graduation, you should chat them up."

"Sir, we really want you to enjoy your time in Guyana.  So you should definitely find a wife.  We want to get invited to your wedding before the year is out." Noticing a trend here?  I have one class that's obsessed with my personal life, or lack thereof.

"Guyanese girls are nice.  The diet here gives them nice bodies."


"Sir, do you listen to metal?  [Prompted for examples:] Like Linkin Park or Breaking Benjamin."  I guess they're a little young for Megadeath or Metallica.

"Sir, what is a pap smear?" This must have been some sort of school assignment, since Keith said he was similarly asked.  I guess this is what to expect when you're a science teacher.

"Sir, are you having a bad hair day?"  Upon reflection, I think I was.

"Sir, what do you think of the [rum, beer, etc] in Guyana?"  I've been asked so many times that I've given up trying to dodge the question and tell them that I think its nice.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I hope to revisit this topic in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment