Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exams

This week is exam week. I was fortunate enough that my largest group of students (5 9th grade science classes) took my exam on Monday, so I've had plenty of work this week but will be able to finish my marking early. One of the topics we covered this term was atomic bonding, both covalent and ionic. Students were asked to identify some bonds.

Some have a little trouble with spelling, so I got some nice answers:

Convection bonding - we did talk about heat transfer and convection this term

Iconic bonding - Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan hanging out, making music videos.

Ironic bonding - I like to picture atoms sitting in a dive bar with tallboy PBRs and trucker hats, complaining about how nobody knows the actual definition of irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment